- 1 reply
- 5 replies
Posted by Sir Max on July 19, 2016 07:00 PM
This is a monumental step that we've been getting anxious for. We knew that we had a big turnout shortly after Toontown opened its doors, but it has grown bigger than ever with nearly 600,000 accounts created solely in the past year.
To celebrate an occasion so monumental, we're going to need your help. With so many members on our side, we want your help in showing the rest of the world that we're truly "Toon Enough".
Tomorrow starting at 2PM Toontown Time (PST), we're asking you to send out a tweet, status update, picture, or any other social media post using #ToonEnough to spread news from the Tooniverse across the universe!
By sending out a message on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, or Google+ by 8PM Toontown Time, you'll be automatically entered to win an exclusive Toontown poster that will be mailed straight to your door. There are only 100 in existence!
Your post can be about anything Toontown related -- and you can post as many times as you want to have higher chances of winning! That doesn't mean you can go and spam #ToonEnough every minute - but it does mean you can share all sorts of screenshots, pictures, stories, and excitement throughout the day to keep the celebration going.
Thank you all so much for getting us where we are today. Now let's go out and spread the news around the world that we're TOON ENOUGH!
Posted by Sir Max on July 1, 2016 12:45 PM
On any other Thursday evening, I wouldn't be wanting to write a blog post this late -- let alone two in one day! (These posts are often written the day before, you know. I'm talking to you from THE PAST! Scary.) Let me tell you Toons, though, today is a day where it's worth it. This list of changes is BIG, and I get to tell you all about it!
I've told the other Toon Troopers that the Toontown Blog is like my very own baby. That is, in the sense that it is always the most demanding of me when I'd much rather be sleeping. But I certainly wasn't going to pass up on the opportunity to write about the many new tweaks that have been created for Toontown!
To start it off, Loony Labs has implemented a very sophisticated addition to their Toon T.A.G.S. (Totally Awesome Graphic Simulations) called Toon IDs. When you access the Toon Detail Panel, you'll be able to see a special phrase that is unique to every Toon.
For example, there's plenty of Sir Max's around town, but how would you know which one is the real deal?
If their Toon ID isn't "TTID-FPJB-THHD" -- chances are you're dealing with one of my many clones! Err, minions! Err... The point is I definitely didn't break into Loony Labs while I was bored and create a bunch of copies of myself.
As for those of you who are more into the style around town, we've got something for you too: The items from OMG!Con have been officially released by our tailors, and you can get two exclusive backpacks (non-stuffed versions) by using the code "omgcon2016" in your Shtickerbook until August 1st.
Likewise, if you attended OMG!Con, the exclusive code you picked up can be used to redeem two even more exclusive backpacks (stuffed versions). We hope you like them! You certainly deserve them for coming out to see us.
July 1, 2016 [ttr-beta-v1.12.0]
• OMG!Con items have been added!
• New music has been added for DA Offices, Mints, and the final area of each Cog Golf Course.
• New music has also been added to shops in Daisy Gardens.
• New GUI options have been added so that clothing patterns and colors are separate in the Make-a-Toon and clothing shops.
• "Just for Fun!" ToonTasks can now be picked up no matter which tasks you are working on. For example, during Bossbot HQ suit part tasks.
• Every Toon now has a unique "Toon ID" listed on their detail panel. Even if Toons look similar or sport the same name, their Toon IDs will differ! You can use this to find friends, report Toons, and keep track of who's who on your friends list.
• Clicking on the new delivery button will now prompt you before taking you to your estate.
• You can now scroll through Shtickerbook pages using your mouse wheel.
• Make-a-Toon clothing has brand new colors!
• All Make-a-Toon shirts are now available for both genders. Girls can wear stripes!
• When doing Lawbot or Bossbot disguise ToonTasks, you can now get your next task by talking to Professor Flake or Shep Ahoy directly rather than going to Toon HQ first.
• Flippy has returned to behind his desk in Toon Hall! He just wanted to greet everyone at the door.
• Fix crashes relating to the Toontorial.
• The victory dance no longer plays at a slowed rate after using the "Resistance Salute" animation.
• Fix an issue where players would get stuck during a DA Office. Please let us know if you continue to experience this bug!
• MAJOR Update: We've completed some massive engine improvements to reduce crashing and increase security. We hope you find Toontown to be much more fun with the added stability!
• Various performance improvements.
There's much much MUCH more in store for you, but it's much much MUCH too late for me to be writing so many paragraphs about it! Check out the full list of changes above, and let us know what you think of the latest set of Tweaks to Toontown!