Sign in to follow this  
Goshi

French Toontown closing

Goshi    0

Hi toons,

Today, Disney sent an email to all french players. After Germany, Spain and SEA, Toontown France will close on 30 september 2009 :( .

That's really a surprise because they were working on a french vista launcher and on Bossbot HQ, salute resistance, new emotions, etc... :(

Too bad :(

Bye

Source

Edited by Gigglebounce

Solar    0

Aww :( I wonder why they're closing all of these.. That stinks D:

Achievements

CL-Stormy    38

Awe! I'm sorry guys! :(

Achievements

tyteen4a03    0
Aww :( I wonder why they're closing all of these.. That stinks D:

To make TTUK earn more money,and their budget is tight.

Roxy    4,182

Aww ;_; Poor French TT. Will they re-open one day?

Achievements

Goshi    0
Will they re-open one day?

No or maybe in a lot of years :(

Does this mean bad news for TT US and TT UK?

No. There is a lot of UK/US players, they will not close the game (or maybe UK if not enough players but they'll be able to transfer them).

Rainstar    1

Lé nooooooo!!!!!!!

Halulz.

Um thats too bad.

Achievements

I'm sorry for all the French Toontown players. I know how I and a lot of my friends including my family members felt when TT Germany closed in June 2006. We were all deeply sad at that time, it was somehow a bit like losing a pet that you loved dearly.

I personally tried to convince the heads of Disney UK to get our toons transferred into the English game but they didn't want to do it and said it's not possible because of technical reasons. Well it was somehow hard to beleive because if they really wanted to do it, they could have just created the same toon characters and giving them the same properties as they used to have. Hundreds of families were mad at Disney and still up today some wish it would come back.

You better not hope for that because you'd hope in vain.

Well, you start asking yourself why they opened it up in the first place and the brasilian players as well as the Japanese game might be closing too one day. The real fans of Toontown might start from scratch in the English game, but they will probably never love their new toons as much as they did with their first ones they had in it's native tongue. It's bad and it's sad.

I doubt they will ever close down Toontown UK, because it's technically the same game as the US version with only seperate accounting and billing.

cu,

Fräulein Trixie

°¿°

justinGFX    0

First SEA and now this? Tsk, tsk, Dosney. They honestly have lost their minds with closing all of these foreign servers.

~Bozo~    0

Aww!!! :( I hope they dont close anymore anytime soon

Achievements

Abo    0

Japan`s toon town isnt doing that go either .........Not that many users..... Maybe well see a large globe user base.......Pull all Disney data base resources into a more effective use system.

tyteen4a03    0

They are trying to merge the european Toontown players to the US server?

Abo    0

Well if they would it would save alot of resourses.....If you can connect al the disney TT servers togther making One globe game it would make it a place more fun and intersting as well. Other online games as well do this as well....... Mind you law and regualtions within different countries play a role in this as well. If its allowed to happen. Its silly to have different regions of the world with their own server and worlds. Its a waste of human/monies resources............Disney is cutting buget . BTW Disney's purchase of Marvel Entertainment might be one reason why this happened......

tyteen4a03    0
Well if they would it would save alot of resourses.....If you can connect al the disney TT servers togther making One globe game it would make it a place more fun and intersting as well. Other online games as well do this as well....... Mind you law and regualtions within different countries play a role in this as well. If its allowed to happen. Its silly to have different regions of the world with their own server and worlds. Its a waste of human/monies resources............Disney is cutting buget . BTW Disney's purchase of Marvel Entertainment might be one reason why this happened......

I don't think that there is any relationship between Disney's purchase of Marval Entertainment and the close of TT France. Disney UK's financial suructure is separated from the main company AFAIK.

Also, if they just keep merging, why bother opening them in the first place and run it for so long? They don't even move their toons to the open server!

Abo    0

well I dont think you understand the scope of mergering for saving resources...........

Crazy Comet    1

I play on UK/US server using my French account user/pw (log in throught UK).

Since my subscription to TT France will be terminated by Disney at the end of September,

does anyone have an idea what will happen to toons that I made on the UK/US server?

tyteen4a03    0
I play on UK/US server using my French account user/pw (log in throught UK).

Since my subscription to TT France will be terminated by Disney at the end of September,

does anyone have an idea what will happen to toons that I made on the UK/US server?

Since the account server of other TT versions is separated from the US/UK Server, your US/UK toons will be fine.